Saturday, February 09, 2008

Summer time and the livin's easy

Mid 60's today, no new Snow at Kirkwood so it was time for my favorite enduro Training loop. I met up with Joe and we did the "Big Coast loop" today



It has 2 really big climbs and 2 Medium sized climbs. The two climbs seperate the coast from the valley and you generally gain about 2000 feet on each climb.

Roadie Joe who has a Cat 2 status, can drop me at will on any one of these climbs on any given Sunday...if you take them one of time. after about 50 miles we made our typical rest stop where joe has been using his secret weapon, Filling his water bottles up with coke, prior to the last big climb, Tunitas Creek Road. Now joe took me on this puppy the last time we did this loop in October so anything goes. It generally takes 30 to 40 minutes to climb TC. So we leave the general store, and Im not really in the mood for causin trouble or attacking so we put down a pretty comfortable pace when I notice Joe Start to fall of Pace. I said "drink some more coke joe" and he replied "Its only February".

I smelled the weakness and began my attack.

It wasnt long before joe was out of sight, but i had to keep up the attack, I was committed and this climb was killing me. I finally got to the top and, took note of the time. (its key when you are going to bust balls to keep track of how far ahead you were)..one minute, two, three, four, Five...two chicks rolled on up, six...damn i got worried, i had to ride on down with the rescue wagon.



I put down a nine minute gap....yeah, joes going to hear about this all week at work. So ofcourse i rode back down the valley, let joe in to my crib to get some stuff and rolled out on my own for some more pain...It was indeed a good day.

No comments: