Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Project 321

The little piece thats going to tie my Cannondale Lefty to the mamasita arrived today. What a simple idea. Its basically an aluminum steerer with a spacer on the bottom and a spacer on top that slides off the tube so you can fit it through a 1 1/8 tube. Not too heavy either, im looking forward to see how it compares to the tube on the lefty when it arrives.




I sent a check in to the Cascade Cream Puff 100 dudes on Saturday. I don't why I waited so long, but they made it seem like if you didnt overnight your entry form the day registration opened, you might not get in. So I assumed I wasn't in since I was lazy, but I see no signs that Registration is closed out. Also its an expensive race, not sure why but its about twice as expensive as any hundred miler i have ever done. Im sure its worth it, I have never ridden in the Cascades and I think it will surely be an epic event.


Oh, got an email from USA Cycling, i can save 10% on wind tunnel testing if I renew my license. What a deal! I think I paid 60 bucks for my license last year and race one USAC event.



I think im going to pass....but i might Race Sea Otter..which by the way if i do I really should write a letter to the local USAC dude to get an Upgrade to expert since I really never raced any USAC Events to earn the upgrade. Ive been told there will be a lot of sandbaggers ot Sea otter, lots of roadies racing sport, and believe me its a roadie course. Some dudes I ride and work with want me to race sport so we can place some money on whos going to win..... I don't know, it would be fun to race my friends but It makes me feel like a dirt bag.

2 comments:

Jason said...

dirt bag.
sand bag.
man bag.
ho bag.
many of those things would be hurled at you in sport. :)

rick is! said...

I've always wondered if there was a good way to get a lefty on a regular (non c-dale) bike. Be sure to let us know how it goes.