Thursday, February 07, 2008

Crank

Been looking for a crank for the mamasita. Planing on running it as a one buy nine. I have a an old truvatve single speed crank lying around but i figured i already have some sickter components going on this puppy so i may as well continue the trend. I like the Turvative Noir crank, 800 Grams with the bottom bracket.



Lunch Ride

I did a lunch ride today, and it was pretty sweet, 60 degrees. Im starting get back into fighting shape. It was pretty wild, I rolled out just below threshold and the legs were feeling good, hit the big 3 mile climb and get it pegged in zone 5 hitting 6 a few times. First time i did that this year. Felt good.

Matt Chaney
Check out Matt Chaney's blog http://justtryharder.blog.com/ If you east coasters haven't heard the name, he won the 2007 SS 24 Solo Worlds. Matt Reminds me a lot of Vegan Rob, probably the fastest guy you know, but also the nicest guy you know.

Upgrade

I manned up. I applied for my NORBA uprade to expert and it was approved, i kinda like that. I really only had one season racing sport, Last year was kind of a mix and match with the move and all. But I remember racing sport 2 years ago fininshing mid pack every race thinking I would never be capable of racing expert despite my craving for endurance racing.

I won't mention any names but my first year racing (2006) the guy that won all of the XC races in my sport category would put 12 to 15 minutes on me every race. This was one of the reasons i thought I would never be able to upgrade. After moving to california, I came back to PA for a week to take care of business and was fortunate to be able to race the Rattling Creek 50. I brought the rigid one speed. I remember somewhere around mile 30 seeing the dude on some fire road, i think he was chasing me down, we rolled into the single track and I dropped him. I never saw him again till after the race. That was like the best feeling, and i did it on my single speed.

No comments: