Monday, February 11, 2008

I am on my way.....

I put in a solid 8 hours this weekend, 6 of which involved some serious climbing on Saturday and 2 of which were supposed to be an easy spin 30 minute recovery ride but ended up being a furious sprint around the valley fending of the locals who insisted on attacking and chasing me down if I rolled pass.

Today was going to be an easy roll to work and roll home day, but well joe brought his bike to work and the heat wave is still raging full on so we did the lunch loop, it wasn't hard or anything but I should have been spinin slow.

Fast forward to the ride home and well, easy spinin turned into sprinting from every trafic light trying to beat every car that didnt give me enough room or cut me off to the freeway. What can i say. I like riding my bike. I finally got some easy spining the last 2 miles. The sun was going down, my ipod was cranking some new tunes, warm air was blowing around me. I had my light set in my pack and contemplated throwing it on to keep riding.

I guess my December burnout is cured.

No comments: