Monday, April 06, 2009

Time to Rock

So I just landed on the East Coast.

I moved into the new crib, Sat around in a lawn chair for a few days awaiting my house hold goods and bikes. I Spent a few days unpacking and getting rid of mountains of packing material.

Once that was done, it was time to get the bike rolling – I have a brand new Dos Niner that hasn’t been ridden due to my crazy work schedule – well pedro is working from home now so there is no excuse.

The local roads

I always preferred riding single track to the road – until I moved to California where it was a toss up since the roads were awesome. I haven’t found the roads very exciting yet out here so we will be staying on the trail until further notice.


The Trail

So I found the local trail and it Rocks! Wompatuck state park is infested with rocks that remind me of Rattling Creek and some good climbs that bring I put about 6 hours on this trail in two days and my body is pretty beat. It felt so natural cranking through the Rocky rooty terrain while my heart was racing – like I never left the East Coast.


There is another trail head even closer then wompatuck that I need to check out – Blue hills. From what I heard its not as technical as wompatuck but, it may have some more elevation gain.

Leesburg Bakers Dozen

I am totatlly psyched to be heading down to Leesburg, VA in less then two weeks for 13 hours of racing. I was hoping to take advantage of the California winter and train my ass off, roll into town and kick some ass. Unfortunately I have spent to entire winter back on the Road with work and unable to train. The main reason Im stoked to head down there is some many friends will be there so even if I just throw down some laps it will be worth the trip.

In the mean time, im doing the 3 week thirteen hour race training program which has me putting in a lot of hours this week. Im hoping I have a lot of base built up from the last 2 years of endurance racing and ill pop into some sort of fighting shape. The work from home schedule is really helping out. I was able to squeeze two hours of riding in early this morning prior to rain rolling in.

Later –
P

No comments: