Saturday, April 25, 2009

Re-birth of the Mamasita

Two days ago, I busted out the niner sir nine single speed, I hadn't ridden it in a while and it felt really awakward after spending so much time on the Dos niner and the Mamasita. It was clearly two small for me.

So this morning i got up and rebuilt the Mamasita. It has been out of servie since i used all of the parts for the Dos niner.

I planned on using a funky Chain tensioner, but i noticed that 32 18 might be a perfect fit so i broke some links.The chain ended up being too short by a hair. I went into the tool box and wipped out a 17 tooth cog. Perfect Fit!




I took her out fer a spin today and everything held up pretty good. I originally had a rigid fork on her, but after getting beat up real good i figured it was time to throw on the lefty. The lefty wasnt a good choice for West coast single track, but i think its going to do real well back east with the real technical stuff.

I was planning on a 6 hour ride today but ended up cutting it short to 3 hours. It was a tall gear to push and the rigid fork just beat the crap out of me. I do love how on a rigid single speed navigating thourgh some of some of the Rockiest rootiest, gnarly, wet slimy terrain can be done much more efficiently then on bike with some travel but once things start moving fast thats when i start to miss the technology.

3 comments:

Laps said...

What size is your niner frame? And, what are you going to do with it?????

If it needs a new home, I might have a spot for it.......

Pete said...

Its a medium - bought it new in 07 - Ill sell it for a good price. Otherwise it will sit in my garage and ill touch it every once in a while.

Laps said...

Let me know, do you have the front fork as well?
glapierre at tiltonschool dot org

Thanks.