Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Mamasita keeps blowing me away

I put another 3 hours on the mamasita today. The 32 17 gearing seems to really fit the the local trail and the Cannondale Lefty is working out nice. I had to ditch the lefty in California as the high speed decents were rocking my world. With the rocky rooty terrain out here im going back to minimal travel.

I am enjoyin it so much that im thinking about getting a new wheel set. I have a salsa delgado up front and its pretty heavy with a tube. Im running a stans 355 with a WTB hub in the rear with no chain tensioner - just pure luck.




I am thinking maybe get a stans wheel built with a lefty hub up front and and Stans wheel for the rear with an ENO hub sp that i can actually use somthing other then 32 17.

I am getting really stoked about my trip to Switzerland next week. I have never been to Europe so It should be wicked sick.

I am bringing my Road Bike and as luck would have it Roadie Joe is my partner on this project so he is bringing his bike too. We are thinking about renting a car on the weekend and heading to the alps for some serious climbing if the weather cooperates. If that doesn't happen, we will probably just end up drinking.


No comments: