Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Putting on the Big Ring

I haven't ridden with a front derailleur in about 2 years. In fact i haven't felt the need for a big ring in a long time but with the Leesburg bakers dozen coming up, i know im going to need it so on it goes.....




I swiped my old XT Crank off of my wife's bike but i didn't realize her XTR derailleur was not going to fit my seat tube....

none of the local shops had the derailleur i needed, so onto Bikeman.com I go.....

well I send the order in and tnen like 2 hours later i realize i need a whole lot more stuff...so i send out another order.....BTW, I was on the phone with bikeman.com HQ in the morning to get my team clothing shipped...so i basically put in three orders in a day...yeah im slow.

Anyway here is the new Steed....it has been treating me well. My ass is welcoming the one inch of travel after spending many miles on a hardtail.






Working from home and riding seem to be going together very well. I think i am going to get a lot of miles in during the next few weeks!

1 comment:

rick is! said...

the dos is a sweet rig. you'll enjoy it for sure.