Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dialed in for a good time

Spent the last few days gathering some stuff for the Leesburg Bakers Dozen, 13 hours of Racing in VA!

Im so stoked to be going down, I like to think of this as my homecoming event. I really didn't think I was going to get the opportunity to move back from California so soon - and everything is clickin with the work schedule allowing me to head down.

Everyone is going to Be there! I am not too concerned about how well I will do - but I am really excited about throwing down some laps with some old friends.

I raced Leesburg, two years ago, the inaugural event and it was the first year I took endurance training seriously and the first and few podiums I ever earned.

I am not sure where my fitness is at the moment, its been an awkward winter traveling a lot. I didn't get in a lot of long rides, but i did get in some pretty good climbs in California so the plan is to wing it and see how things go.

Anyway, I got the Dos Niner Dialed in this week, I mounted up some Hutchinson Pythons on a brand new set of Bontrager Race light wheels, and put on a full Triple Crank and a front derailleur.



I took the new Rig down to Wompatuck to burn the wheels in a little bit. I wanted to make sure the tires aren't going to blow off the Rim. I have never used a bontrager tubeless set up before.

This should be good, its going to be an awesome start to the Season!

1 comment:

Laps said...

Good luck, Man. Let me know how like the bontrager tubeless, I may get a pair.