Sunday, March 09, 2008

SO i got out this weekend with no real training plan, I have just been trying to make sure i get on big ride in a week. I was ready to throw it down on the road bike saturday, but decided to jump on the one speed and ride to the trail.

There is about 2000 feet of elevation gain from my house to the trail head, I ended up getting caught up in a big roadie ride, about 30 of them all kitted out, they rolled on by me on the flat road to the base of the climb with the typical Bay area roadietude of disgust that i was riding a MTN bike on the road. Well the road started to go up. it was time to kill the roadietude. I started picken off a few folks, they were acutally moving slow by roadie standards, but i was in Zone 5 trying to keep up on 2.3 knobies. A few folks were impressed and actually got some conversation going on the climb. One dude was really interested in my Niner and we talked about it for a while. about 3.4 of the way up though I popped and had to hang back, a few dudes caught up with me, but i was able to real the tail end back in with mad sprint to the top.


I was pretty smoked by the time I got to the trail, which has some bitchen climbs. so some folks chatted it up and road home.

LIve to train another day

After some familiy time at home depot, I was going to try and sneak out for a good 4 to 5 hours on the road bike, but I thought it would be good to get E out to the trail. I want her to really enjoy the California weather as much as I do. Its tough for me to find the time to ride with her since I am a racer dude and shes a totally newbie. But this is an investemnt. So i loaded up the Car with the Mountain bikes got everything packed and ready to go, then jumped on the road bike, I told E to give me a 20 minute head start and i headed to Skeggs. It worked out really well. This was the first time i brought her here, and I was surprsied how well she handeld some of the steep decents, and she was really deteremined to keep spinning on the climbs. It was slow, but it was fun and good to spend some time together in the woods. We got back to the car and I was off on the road bike. I still manged to get about 5 hours of saddle time so its all good.

1 comment:

Jason said...

That's cool. Nice to get folks on the trail. Wifey's Trek hasn't had a seat post in 3 years. Of course she blames me. I guess I did sort of sell it on eBay. It WAS a Race Face and I DID get $40 for it!!!