Sunday, November 09, 2008

I think this is where I get ready for next year.......

Well, im starting to come off of 6 weeks of inactivity....mostly due to work travel, partly due to laziness and the opportunity to sit on my ass and drink beer.



We hit MT Hamilton today, its a 20 mile climb with about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. It was the typical brutal battle to the top between my riding buddies Joe and Ryan. Its not a very steep grade, but it takes almost two hours to get to the top, so we were pretty smoked when we got to the summit. It was a beautifull day, and Im glad to be back on the bike. The transition phase has begun.


Im starting dream about next years bikes. First on the list is to replace the Klein Frame, for something that fits me a little better, my buddy Dan hooked me up with this ride for a great price when I was in PA. I had a little incident where the derailleur broke and bent the hanger real good. The shop did a mediocre job straightening it out so I need a new frame.

It looks like the Salsa Podio is going to do the job.



The paint job is just sick!

Next up, we may be replacing the Mamasita for somthing with a little bit of cush. I really love the mamasita, but after getting my nuts slapped around for 10 hours in the Sierras this summer i have been dreaming of the Dos Niner -



Stage 3 of the Tour of California is Ripping through my Hoood!

Francois has reported that the Tour of California is coming up my favorite Road Climb in the Bay!. I spent a lot of time on Tunitas Creek Rd. the last two summers climbing up from the coast. Im trying to convince a few of my buds to pre-ride the entire stage - we shall see.

No comments: