Monday, January 14, 2008

Tomicog

My Tomicog has Arrived! You might be asking yourself right now, WTF Is a Tomicog and who the F is tomi. I met Tomi a few years ago at the Shenandoah 100, I rolled a long side of him on a stretch of pavement where we introduced ourselves and recognized our names from MTBR and TGR. I was on my plush superlight and fast Cannondale Scalpel and Tomi was truckin away on a fixed gear mountain bike! Well naturally we drafted off of each other for a little bit. blah blah blah 2 years later and a few stupid hundred mile races on a fixed gear Mountain bike and tomi is now crankin out Steel Fixed gear Cogs that are pre-drilled to match the disk brake holes on your disc hub...so this allows you to make a flip flop hub.

Im impressed with the job he did, and the 18Tomi engraving is all snazzy and stuff. It came shipped complete on the side of a six pack box of Hazed and Infused from the Boulder beer Company...I guess tomi had to drink a few six packs before he got his order out.

Oh so tomi is using the funds from this project to fund his National Ultra Endurance Series effort this year, so you can buy a cog at http://tomicog.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Jason said...

Dog Fish Head Indian Brown Ale going down like water as I type. mmmmmmmmm.

Pete said...

ahh..............east coast brews....