Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bop bop bop boo bah.......

Thats my lame attempt at expressing the Price is right theme. I hope I don't start attracting a whole lot of prices is right fans to the blog now because its not really the direction I wanted to take this thing.


Anyway sold the Scalpel frame on Ebay today. A five year old frame sold for 400 bucks, to someone in South Africa. I know a few friends were interested in buying this frame from me, but I needed the money for my next project and I could not see selling my old crap for that much money to someone I like.



So the 2008 Race bike project is underway. This year I am going to mix it up a bit and ride gears on some of the longer race. A hard tail 29ern seems to be where its at. Since I am riding with the bikeman.com team this year it looks like Ill be going with the Mamasita!



So i bought this frame and fork from one of the Beaners, its a custom painted Caffeine 29er and a Lefty Carbon SL. I just bought it for the fork, the frame is an XL and will be way to big for me so this puppy is going to get thrown up on Ebay. Its shame, it such a hot paint job. I wonder if Salsa would ever consider doing something like that for the bikeman team.



You may be wondering how I am going to use the lefty on the Mamasita, since the steer is only 1 1/8". Project 321 makes a nice steerer that you replace on the lefty so it fits.




Getting ready to brave the elements, it's going to be 59 today, I may need arm warmers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

'Elements' huh? You're getting soft! We rode in 18 degrees today with 15-25mph winds here in lovely PA! Looks like it will be a nice ride, though....

Pete said...

I put that last line in there for you!

Jason said...

The Mamasita with the Lefty is gonna be sweet.