Monday, January 21, 2008

Sharing the pain......

So it may not have been as Cold in the bay area as say in PA today, but i think I paid my dues today. Forcast called for rain all day, but I noticed a break in the weather from 10AM to 2PM, so I jumped on the road bike. I rolled out in a long sleeve jersey and knee warmers. I was very comfortable until I reached the top of the second climb. I should point out as I was climbing Old Lahonda, which generally takes me 20 Minutes, I rolled by two dudes all bundled up wearing Balaclavas and jackets. I laughed as I rolled by.

I got to the top and Made a left turn into the clouds. This was a big commitment, as it is directed me into what looked like rain. It also added on another hour and a half of riding more then the easy right turn I could of made. Well things didnt seem to bad, and i thought I was all core and stuff until it start drizilling and then that turned into a downpour....I felt really cool until that turned into sideways snow which I have never seen in the Bay Area. Followed by a 30 Minute decent on page mill, it got really cold......

No comments: