Sunday, May 04, 2008

Coolest 24 (8 Hour Version)

Well we rolled into Cool, CA for the 8 hour race. It was hot, and exposed mostly double track with some single track and lots of dust. We started off behind the 24 hour folks and it was almost a total black out with the dust that was kicking around. I tried to chill for the first two laps since there were so many people to pass, i decided that it would be a waste of energy to Pass and then just get bogged down again. The dust was so bad that by the third lap i thought somehting in my rear wheel was dragging, but it seemed to work itself out.

This is my favorite photo, not because i look all bad ass and stuff but, if you look closely you can see my buddy roadie joe in the background.....way behind :)




Anyway, I finished in 11th place out of almost 50 I think, which i was pretty happy with since i wasnt super motivated to race on this course since it was really hot and pretty exposed (roadie type singltrack), so I kept a pretty conservative pace throughout the race but, it did start to hurt a bit


Jimmy did a great Job putting on the race, the vibe was absolutely amazing and so positive, with all of the money going to Cancer Research.




The mamasita held up well. The lefty generated lots of interest and the Salsa Delgado ghetto tubless converstion held up

1 comment:

Jason said...

Nice job man! I'll be thinking of that "wide open roadie course" when I'm bouncing on the rocks at French Creek for 6 hours this weekend!