Friday, August 10, 2007

Old La Honda Beer Experiment

The Friday morning work ride kicked off in full force today. Last night I had a theory that if I took Fast Joe out for some beers it would slow him down on the 4 mile climb. I figured my liver was more mature and I would ride much stronger with a hangover then he would since I have raced under such conditions much more often. Well since Joe was driving I drank twice as much as him and that probably didn't help.

We kicked the 3.4 mile climb off at pretty good pace, I felt good and was waiting for joe to fall apart. We dropped the rest of the group and Joe wasn't budging. I finally fell to piece's blew up and Joe pulled away. Ryan ended up realin me in in the end. It was good time. Its great to be able to ride with people from work. We had a pretty good turn out today, 7 Strong to include my boss, which was surprising since everyone was being lame yesterday and said they were not coming.


The intern man'd up and showed up in sneakers and flats. I gotta give em props, cause the roadie geeks can be intimidating with all of there flamboyant matching lycra. He hung pretty strong with the flats and down tube shifters.

No comments: