Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Pete is a fan of Teflon Tape

I was getting this wicked sick (yeah i know) creak coming from the lefty and the project 321 adapter that makes it fit so nice on the mamasita. It was really buming me out. it has a big psychological effect on my riding, everytime it creaks, i think about it blowing to pieces.

I thought i would try to grease the heck out of it today. I broke it down than applied a real thick coat of grease on the spacers when I thought about the Teflon tape solution for my EBB creak on the Sir nine. So i wiped down the the spacer removed the grease and wrapped it tight with some Plumbers PTFE Tape.



So no more creak!


I removed the nine speed chain and put a new/used BMX chain that i had lying around - It fit so snug, its about a milimeter tighter then the 9 speed chain, making it the perfect fit without a chain tensioner.




I tried throwing down a four hour ride to day, but it turned into a one hour ride as the rain started to become overwhelming. Im glad i got out for a bit anyway.

No comments: