Saturday, June 13, 2009

11 hours of single track Screw it....im gonna put on a pot of sauce

I put in some quality time on the bike this week - 11 hours of Single Track by COB Thursday. I took the day of Friday.

Today I was thinking of hitting up a 75 mile road ride with the local club, which would have been pure abuse. They were Rolling at 6 AM which means i needed to be up at 4:30 to do my coffee breakfast, clear the system ritual...i couldn't get up that early so I decided to roll with some Mountain Bikers at Wompatuck.

I totally missed the start time, so i went out on my own, flatted instantly, the nozel for my can of Big AIr was jacked....so it was back to the house and on the road bike for a solo effort.

I felt pretty whooped, I guess i needed more recovery time....if I went out on that group ride it could of went really bad!


The Food Channel was on when I got home --- Rachel Ray was whippin up some meatballs....i looked real cool in my lycra watchin Rachel Ray when the wife Walked in on me....seriously chicks dig that stuff.

After takin the wife out for lunch....I was on mission to make some sauce....

\

If there is one thing I learned - browning the meatballs is an art.




The Freinds of Wompatuck Published the Race Map for this Years Landmine Mountain Bike Race. Its a 25 mile loop - with an Enduro option for 50 Miles!



Its going to be a sick race, and knowing the trail is going to be a huge advantage, so the plan is to try and hit at least one lap of the race course each week, if not set a side a day where I can do the 50. Things are pretty chill - Tommorow is going to be another Rest Day, but on the bike with the wife at the Blue Hills -

Later

3 comments:

rick is! said...

sweet! I just added that race to my list!

Pete said...

nice! - Let me know if you want a pre-ride tour

rick is! said...

will do. thanks!