Friday, May 22, 2009

"I was totally stoked to meet a group of riders who could turn the screws on me."

8 hours in the Saddle Before Work

Man - I was a bit concerned about the flat lands and motivation to train. Friday i went out with a few of the local road clubs for a century that happens every year on the Friday before memorial day.

The first 50 miles seemed pretty chill and uneventful. We stopped for lunch at a deli, refilled our bottles.

The way back was a very solid pace, consistently above 20 MPH. Some dudes were taking some pretty wicked pulls. I ran out of water and we weren't stopping so at mile 100 I was in survival mode but still took a few pulls....the group winded down to about 20 then to about 4 riders. Even at 4 they were consistently attacking to the very end.

I was Impressed. I was in Pain. I was totally stoked to meet a group of riders who could turn the screws on me.

Refilled some bottles after 100 miles, rolled into the finish....then took the lonely ride home

130 miles

Met a lot cool people.


I took saturday off, went for a short MTB ride on Sunday and worked some bugs out of the Dos niner that have been pissing me off

Monday, I took my wife out for a ride at the blue hills, it was here first ride of the year and she did real well.


I was able to get into the Vermont 50 today. Woot!

Pete

3 comments:

Laps said...

I am in too! I might even ride it single speed, but I don't know if I want to damage myself that much.

Pete said...

Nice,

I guess I should take your bike of of my header

rick is! said...

ah, big rides. I can't wait for mine to start again...