Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Crit

There is a local Criterium Training series here in my town, I gave it a whirl tonight, my first road race. 25 laps in Wompatunck, No cars and about 30 Starters. It was Open to Cat 3,4 and 5.


I had never done this before, the fast crowd went off the front super hard, and i thought the right thing to do would be to get on the train.

That was a bad decision. I blew up pretty quick and got dropped, the chase group came rolling by, I hesitated a bit and didnt have the juice to latch on so i got blown off that back pretty quick. I tried to close the gap but it wasnt happening so i slowed up and waited for them to come around again. Its a training race so no big deal.

After that it was really wierd, very easy to hang on most of the time, with a bunch of attacks that led me hanging on for dear life....then i am up front pulling....somtimes coasting.

Well, i figure it out next week.

No comments: