Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Caffeine....its not spicy enough.

Check it out, My Lefty came in!!! woot, so we mounted her up with the Project321 adapator and my buddy Thorstein cut the Steerer tube down to size on the Lathe in our machine shop. The lefty came with two Salsa Delgado wheels, I decided to put on the Hutchinson Pythons (i am stoked to find these in 29er sizse) and Convert them to Tubeless utilizing the Ghetto Stans tubless mehtod, it worked out very well, but they are a bit heavier then then Stans wheelset I was running previously, but they were destined to get mounted back on my single speed. I think a new wheelset will be a project down the road. I have heard a lot of horror stories with converting these wheels but i have had a lot of experience with the Ghetto method so we will see. If this works out well i may even try experimenting with valve stems and the stans yellow rim tape.





Going to break it in this weekend at the8 Hours of Cool

2 comments:

huber said...

Rockin'! I love the lefty!

Jason said...

Damn that looks SWEET! Nice.
I run tubes in Delgados, but there's a dude Matt that has run them with a ton of success. Drop him a note on his blog: http://dirtstories.blogspot.com/
He's fellow Salsa Amigo. I'm sure he can give you some tips.