Saturday, February 24, 2007

On a Long and Lonesome Highway, West of Emmaus



Yeah... I Iike the Metallica version.....After completeing my saturday morning ritual of drinking massive amounts coffee, i began to apply the layers for a February Road ride...
I left the house at 10 with plans of riding up to Emmaus to meet Dan and Company at South Mountain Cycles for a road ride. As I made my way down my street I linked up with two riders, from the neighborhood that I have never met before. We chatted it up for a bit and I told them of my plans to meet Dan at SMC, Jacob asked if he could tag along, Sure no problem.

Jacob was pretty much a pure roadie and could really put the hammer down, we made our way up Rte 29 and 27 Miles later we were at South Mountain Cycles. We rode the Powder Valley loop and in between some of the big climbs I got to chat it up with Some people that I hadn't had the oppurtunity to talk too. Jacob linked up with John and they talked about some roadie geek stuff. It seemed like worlds were coming together today. After the group ride was finshed, we headed back home. Taylor gave us a much better route for the way home. It was way more scenic, had way more climbing and was loaded with Zen. Zen and pain, Jacob really turned the screws on me. It was 35 degrees and I was sweating like a hoar in church. After 5 hours and 45 minutes of riding we hit the intersection where we met and went our seperate ways......now its time for some beer.

No comments: