Saturday, August 12, 2006

6 Hours at Susquehana State Park August 6th, 2006
August 6th, 2006, I feel will be a personal milestone for my endurance racing endeavors. I finished 9th out of 23 males in the open class. Generally speaking, most of my enduros I have competed in, my main goal was to just survive and not come in last. My nutrition strategey is starting to get dialed in. I used only HEED, Hammergel and Endurolytes.
I started off slow and very quickly the leader led 15 riders out of my sight. I decieded to stick to my guns and not push it, I had 6 hours to reel in anyone that was not deserving of finishing ahead of me.

The Venue

Susquehana Stae Park in Harve De Grace Maryland is awesome, the trail flowed very nicely with a few technical climbs, a few logs and a few bomber downhills. The Perfect coures for a six hour race.




No comments: