Sunday, December 16, 2007

Theirs Gold in them hills: SSWC08 Recon

I headed up to Napa today to check out the trails and meet some more MTBR folks. I got there really late so I ended up riding alone and giving myself the tour. Every turn I made was good one. Very technical rocky switchbacks that were reminiscent of my recent days on the East Coast, greeted me over and over again. I was delighted. It kind of reminded me of Lehigh, but a little steeper.

Its going to be a tough one though, the route I took was pretty steep, 32-20 on my 29er was pretty challenging. With racers coming out of the gate at full speed, i think theres going to be a lot of pushing.

3 comments:

gwadzilla said...

rigid or squishy in the front?

what is the call

oh...
I woke this morning to the smell of bacon
but my tired soul from the late night east coast registration left me slow out of the gate
when I got downstairs I found that my two boys had eaten each and every piece of bacon

thems my boyz!

Pete said...

I was Riding on a rigid 29er, But if i were racing and really wanted to do well I think a front fork might come in handy!

Carson Blume said...

Pics from sswc08 here! http://carsonblume.blogspot.com